Terms & Conditions
What is the purpose of this document?
This is the Privacy Notice applicable to our processing of your registration of interest for virtual careers events run by us, RMP Enterprise Ltd. We are the "data controller" of your information. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You are being provided with this privacy notice because you are registering your interest in our virtual events. It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used and how long it will be retained for.
Information we collect from you, and what we use it for
We collect the information you input on our site, being your email address and the selection of events you have indicated you are interested in, plus any answers you give to questions about gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation and social mobility. (Those answers are referred to as ‘Diversity Data’ in this policy.)
We will use your name and email address and the event(s) you have selected, to email you about events you have stated you are interested in. If you have also opted to open a RateMyPlacement account, we will use your name and address to set that up. Please see the RateMyPlacement Privacy Notice, which tells you how we process your data to open and operate your account.) We use your Diversity Data solely to produce aggregated equal opportunity statistics about the characteristics of people registering their interests or our events. We use this internally and also share it externally – for example, with employers involved in our events. To be clear, those stats will not contain anything identifying you personally.
The legal basis on which we process your information is your consent. You can withdraw your consent to our using your Diversity Data to compile stats at any time, by emailing us. If you want to withdraw your consent to receiving information related to the event(s), you can do so by emailing us, or clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button on one of the emails you receive from us about our events.
We may also use your information where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make legal claims.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with our email communications provider; Instiller. (https://instiller.co.uk/ ). All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
If you subsequently register for an event or you have chosen to sign up for a RateMyPlacement account, we will retain your information in accordance with the privacy notices applicable to the event, or your RateMyPlacement account. Otherwise, we will retain your personal information for a period of 2 years after we collect your data. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
How to contact us
RMP Enterprise Ltd.
9 Brighton Terrace
Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions about how we handle your data and personal information.
RMP Enterprise Ltd. Data Controller
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.